Wednesday, February 11, 2009

23rd piece

This is a piece which concept has changed over this past year. The original used the glass sculpture to produce a shadow/drawing on the surface. Recently I drew the original shadow and then gave the piece a different angled light source. So there are now two shadows - one drawn(fake) the other real. Believe it or not all humans are pretty observant - they can see the relation of both sets of marks because they have observed their own shadows changing in dramatically with the placement of the sun. As I have mentioned in past posts - These marks are very pure in my eyes because my hand was distanced from the surface when the glass sculpture, shadow and drawings were made. I also have a performence piece which goes along with the glass sculpture which I may upload down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment